The Freedom Paddle is South Africa’s most exciting surfski event. This iconic race starts at the V&A Watefront at the foot of Table Mountain and paddlers race around Robben Island, the site of former president Nelson Mandela’s imprisonment.
7 nights: 21/04/2020 – 28/04/2020
4 nights: 24/04/2020 – 28/04/2020
Extend your trip and do the WEST COAST SURFSKI ADVENTURE from 28/04/2020 – 02/05/2020
The event is held on Freedom Day commemorating South Africa’s first free and fair election which took place on the 27th of April 1994.
The Freedom Paddle travel package by Paddle Africa is the best way to travel to Cape Town and participate in an iconic event. You will hang out and be coached by some of the world’s best surfski paddlers for the week and experience the Mother City in unique ways.
The racecourse is approximately 28 km’s long from the V&A Waterfront around Robben Island and back, raced mainly on double surfski’s or S2. Entries in single surfski’s are also accepted and there is a short course option.
Jasper & Dawid Mocke
Full Week: R24,900 Weekemd: R14,600
La Splendida Hotel
Sidewalk cafés, the expansive Atlantic Ocean and a bustling promenade set the scene where La Splendida is found, in Mouille Point.
This region is incredibly trendy and forms part of Cape Town’s upmarket Platinum Mile. The hotel is ideally suited to its surrounding environment as it similarly exudes a fashionable look and modern feel.
La Splendida’s prime location, moments away from Cape Town Stadium, Green Point Park and the V&A Waterfront, add to the hotel’s appeal and the convenience it offers guests. Although surrounded by much excitement, the hotel maintains a peaceful, seaside atmosphere.
Cape Town at its best!
The paddling will be organised with Jasper Mocke and some of South Africa’s top surfski paddlers. You will explore the city’s coastline and the Cape Peninsula like few ever will.
Daily adventures will include the atlantic seaboard from the V&A Watefront to Clifton and further away to Hout Bay beneath Chapmans Peak. You will paddle the Cape Peninsula on the Miller’s Run and perhaps around Cape Point if conditions are favourable. There will be a coaching element to every paddle and as race day approaches you will receive specific tips.
of your trip
- Arrival and check in
- Meet and greet by pro’s
- Relaxed evening activity and recover at La Splendida
- Dinner experience in the city
- Surfski allocation and set up. Atlantic seaboard paddle a the foot of Table Mountain and a session by one of the pro’s.
- Lunch/City experience and chill with pro’s
- Time to explore solo
- Paddle on the Cape Peninsula, Miller’s Run or Cape Point and see the penguins at Boulders
- Solo chill time
- Unique Dinner Experience
- Atlantic coast paddle around Hout Bay beneath Chapmans Peak
- Check in of weekend package paddlers
- Relax and be a tourist around the V&A Waterfront
- We follow the race route by boat with commentary and tips by pro’s along the way.
- Afternoon out & back paddle session from hotel by pro/legend
- Evening to do your own thing and relax
- Final session by pro/legend
- City experience/tour
- Race registration and experience the vibe
- Dinner experience
- Final race tips by pro- what to expect and how to race
- The Freedom Paddle Race
- Prize giving and hang out
- Relaxed evening reflecting on a great week
Check out / Airport transfers
- Leave for West Coast Surfski Adventure
Fill in the form below to book your trip